MR MARVIS is the largest Dutch clothing brand to become a Certified B Corporation
We are very proud to announce that MR MARVIS is officially a Certified B Corporation (B Corp). As a B Corp, we are part of a global community of businesses that meet high standards of social and environmental impact.
Ever since the launch of our first pair of perfect shorts - back in 2016 - we have strived to make conscious decisions in every aspect of our business. From being an inclusive and considerate employer, to producing in Portugal using more sustainable materials. As a B Corp, MR MARVIS is now officially part of a community of businesses spearheading a global movement for an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy. We join the ranks of thousands of like-minded businesses worldwide, including conscious brands Allbirds, Chloé, Patagonia, and Veja.
MR MARVIS has surpassed the required minimum score of 80 points to become a B Corp, achieving a notable score of 101.7 on the B Impact Assessment. The average score for B Corps in the Netherlands is 83.7 points, while non-B Corps typically score around 50 points. This achievement reflects our commitment to responsible business practices and a positive impact on society and the environment.
“After a two-year team effort, we are proud to call ourselves the largest Dutch clothing brand to become a B Corp. While we take pride in this achievement, it is one step in an ongoing journey. Becoming a B Corp is a testament that we are on the right path. We are very proud of this achievement and remain committed to further enhancing our positive impact on people & planet.” - David Sipkens, co-founder & CEO
“To achieve B Corp certification is a major milestone for MR MARVIS. We are happy to welcome them to our B Corp community and wish them well as they continue in their sustainability journey.” (Tessa van Soest, Executive Director B Lab Benelux)
All social and environmental efforts that contribute to our B Corp certification can be found in the first edition of our annual Action Report. This report gives a detailed insight into MR MARVIS’ social and environmental decisions and their impact. You can find the full report via the link below. However, to give you a brief summary, here are some highlights that have greatly contributed to our achievement of becoming a certified B Corporation:
- The use of environmentally preferred materials (organic, recycled, and recyclable), a permanent collection of timeless designs and no end-of-season sales.
- High standards for working conditions which are formalised through a Code of Conduct that was signed by all our production partners.
- Supporting charitable causes, both through monetary donations and team volunteering work.
- We are dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint and achieving net zero emissions by 2030. To reach this goal, we thoroughly assess all emissions related to our operations and offset 110% of unavoidable emissions.
- In 2022 we donated a total of almost €60,000 to charities. We doubled all donations made by employees, and our employees invested 174 hours of their time in volunteering projects.
Obtaining the B Corp certification represents a significant achievement in MR MARVIS’ mission to make people around the world feel marvellous. But we are not done yet. The certification offers a valuable framework, helping to implement further improvements in all aspects of our business. We will remain focused on improving our impact - until the recertification in 2026 and beyond.