What are cookies?
The technologies we use may include:
- Web beacons. Certain sections of our service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
This page describes what information they gather, how we use it and why we sometimes need to store these cookies. We will also share how you can prevent these cookies from being stored, however, this may downgrade or 'break' certain elements of the website.
Because of the way in which the internet and websites work, it may be that we do not always have insight into the cookies that third parties place via our website.
You can delete cookies via the settings of your browser.
Who sets cookies?
There are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies: these cookies are placed and read by MR MARVIS across all our website domains (e.g. mrmarvis.com, mrmarvis.nl, mrmarvis.de, etc.).
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are set by other companies that provide services to MR MARVIS as data processor, such as Shopify, Klaviyo, VWO or Google Analytics. Please see the cookie list below for a full overview.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below.
- Order-processing-related cookies. We offer subscription, e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your cart and/or order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Notice-acceptance cookies. These cookies identify the cookie preferences you have selected on our site, helping us read and comply with your preferences.
- Form-related cookies. When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Temporary data-storage cookies. These cookies help passing information from one page to the next page, so that you do not always have to enter the same information.
- Live-chat cookies. These cookies store the live chat conversations, allowing you to view your chat history when you return to our website.
- Wishlist cookies. These cookies store products/pages saved to your wishlist.
- Site preferences cookies. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
- We use website analytics for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the website and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- Third-party analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) are used to track and measure the usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- As we sell products it is important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers. These cookies are used to match content and advertisements to your surfing behavior. This data is stored in a database in a personalized way. We use these cookies for example to improve the design of our website, improve the user experience and for remarketing.
Can I disable cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please visit your browser's help page for information on how to do this:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Be aware that disabling cookies can result in also disabling functionality and features of the site. Therefore it is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not, in case they are used to provide functionality that you use.
We hope that this page gave you a better understanding of what cookies are and how MR MARVIS uses them. However, if you are still looking for more information then please contact us via [email protected].
Your consent applies to all our (sub)domains such as checkout.mrmarvis.com, b2b.mrmarvis.com, us.mrmarvis.com, www.mrmarvis.it, www.mrmarvis.es, www.mrmarvis.dk, www.mrmarvis.fr, www.mrmarvis.de, www.mrmarvis.nl, www.mrmarvis.co.uk and www.mrmarvis.com.
Last update: 15-11-2023 (dd-mm-yyyy).