Privacy Statement MR MARVIS
Welcome to our privacy statement. You probably arrived here because you want to know how we handle personal data.
We respect the privacy of our customers and visitors, whether it is online in our webshop or offline in our brand stores. We are committed to protect personal data.
If you are ordering MR MARVIS products online via our webshop or offline at our brand store, we use your contact details and the information you provided to us to make sure that your orders will be handled as fast and as soon as possible and to inform you about your order. We use personal data to make your shopping experience at our online shops and offline stores as easy and remarkable as possible, which means that your visit to our website is tailored to your interests.
MR MARVIS Netherlands B.V. is the data controller and therefore responsible for the processing of personal data by MR MARVIS and its affiliated companies. Let us explain more.
1. Purposes of processing
We process personal data for the following purposes:
When shopping and thereafter:
- to make your shopping experience as nice as possible and to personalize our website to your interests
- to remind you of products that are still in your basket via your e-mail address
- to find you the right size and perfect fit via the Fit Finder
- to deliver your order to your home address and track the journey of your parcel
- to process your return and track the journey of your return parcel
- to show you your shopping history and more in your personal account
- to process your subscription to the newsletter and or out of stock e-mails and send you special offers and the latest news
- to send emails related to your order or return (order confirmation, shipping status updates, updates regarding your return, surveys, product care instructions)
- for direct marketing purposes, like printed mailings or an e-mail on your birthday
- to analyze your visit on our websites and our brandstores to make your personal shopping experience better and even more remarkable
- to provide you an effortless customer experience when you contact our customer service department. We may use your phone number and/or email address to understand- and administer which orders and prior customer service correspondence are affiliated to these identifiers
- to analyze traffic in our webshop and brandstores and to prevent and avoid misuse and / or fraud. Your ip-address may be stored and processed during those activities
Applying for a job with us:
Should you choose to apply for a job with us, we process personal data for a smooth application and hiring process (like your resume). For these job application processes, we make use of the software tooling of our partner Homerun B.V.
Should we use personal data for other purposes that the ones described above, we will first and upfront inform you.
2. Legal bases of processing
MR MARVIS processes your data on different bases: consent, legitimate interest and performance of the contract. You can withdraw your given consent anytime.
3. Retention terms
We will not store your data longer than necessary or when there are no legal bases to process the data.
4. Data subject rights
We make sure your rights are covered. Let’s outline a few.
- When logging in in your MR MARVIS account, you can change your personal data anytime
- For deletion of your account or access to the data we are processing, send us a message via [email protected] Please note that there might be a legal obligation to keep (some) of your data in our database
- Did you use the Fit Finder and you don’t want us to use that data anymore, let us know via [email protected]
- Do you not want to receive our newsletter or other updates anymore? Please let us know via the unsubscribe button in the emails you received from us
5. Data security
Data security is an important part of securing personal data and to ensure that personal data is safe with us. Our employees know how to handle personal data, keep it confidential and in the unexpected situation of a data breach, we will take the necessary steps such as notifying the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
MR MARVIS is working with various third parties to make your shopping experience and the ordering process as smooth as it is. We therefore share the necessary data with these third parties. Think of your payment via the payment service provider, sending of your order to the fulfilment partner, sending you the track and trace details per e-mail and providing you with the latest news on our assortment.
We only make use of secure servers, secure connections and we have processing agreements in place.
6. Data processors
Your data is processed within the European Union. We have the right data processing agreements with (sub-)processors in place.
When personal data is processed or stored outside the EU, we make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect personal data. More specifically, we will adhere to the standard contractual clauses of the EC.
You may recognize these third parties when shopping with us:
- Sofort, Stripe, Mollie or Paypal for payments
- Aftership allowing you (and us) to trace the parcel
- Klaviyo to send you e-mails
- Shopify to safely store your account
- Trusted Shops GMBH for extra customer protection
- Tracify GMBH
- Wunderkind Corporation
We use the web analytics service Tracify on our website or on parts of our website to record how our website is used by its visitors and to evaluate and optimise the effectiveness of our advertising/marketing measures. Tracify is a web analytics service provided by Tracify GmbH in Munich, Germany. Tracify GmbH acts for us as a data processor on the basis of a data processing agreement in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR.
Tracify enables an analysis of the use of the website and the customer journey without storing cookies or other information on the end device of the user, but only on the basis of browser and device information, such as the IP address of the user, the configuration of the respective user agent (user agent string), the screen resolution, the installed fonts and plugins and the processor of the respective device.
- Browser and Client Configuration
- Usage data
- IP address
- Order information
- Contact data
The information transmitted to Tracify is completely and irreversibly anonymized immediately after transmission, so that a personal reference is excluded. Only the anonymized aggregated information is analysed.
Data processing when using Tracify takes place entirely in Germany; there is no data transfer to unsafe third countries without an adequate level of data protection. The legal basis for the use of Tracify is our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR in a demand-oriented design of the website and in the evaluation and optimization of our marketing measures.
8. Trusted Shops
Because MR MARVIS is a certified Trusted Shops webshop, your data will be shared with Trusted Shops. Trusted Shops will send you an email after your purchase from MR MARVIS to ask for a review and to offer purchase protection. Your e-mail address will be hashed and the parameter removed after use.
9. Fit Finder
In order to provide you with the best shopping advice, we developed the Fit Finder. Via the Fit Finder it is possible to get tailored advice based on your preferences and data as your body weight and length. We always ask your explicit consent for the processing of these data and you may withdraw your consent at any time. The retention term of the data processed via the Fit Finder is a hundred days. After the retention period any information that can be used to trace the information back to an individual will be either removed or anonymized.
MR MARVIS participates in interest-based advertising. After your consent, via cookies and other techniques, we may automatically collect data on how you browse websites, use applications and shop in order to enhance your customer experience and provide you with communications and promotions from us or others. We may share your data with third parties and social media platforms. We aim to show you ads that are more relevant to your interests and/or interactions with our website. You can always delete or object to cookies via your browser. Note that you may still see ads, however if will not be based on your interests or interactions with our website anymore.
Do you have a complaint about the processing of your data? Please let us know and we will try to solve it with you. Our contact details: [email protected] MR MARVIS Netherlands B.V., Huddestraat 3, 1018 HB, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. You can also file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority via www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
In case of material changes of the Privacy Statement we will notify you about the changes. The most up to date version is always to be found on the website. This Privacy Statement was last changed on October 17, 2022.